GUAVA CHEESE

GUAVA CHEESE
6 ripe guavas preferably the pink variety
¾ cup sugar
50 grams unsalted butter
½ teaspoon vanilla essenceA drop of cochineal colouring

Wash and cut the guavas into quarters and boil them well in a little water till nice and soft. Mash well. Strain through a thin cloth and throw away the skin and seeds. Boil the strained thick juice with the sugar and keep on stirring till the mixture turns slightly thick. Add the butter, vanilla essence and cochineal. Simmer till nice and thick. Pour onto a buttered plate. Cut into squares when cold.

4 comments:

  1. Hello.

    How can I order all 5 recipe books? I l reside in Malaysia and would appreciate any information on ordering, payment & postage.

    Thank you

    E. McCarthy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    Thanks for your email. I would be delighted to send you a set of my 5 Anglo-Indian Recipe Books by Air mail. A set of 5 books would cost Rs 1500.00 which is inclusive of the postage by Air Mail Regd Post. You could transfer this amount to me either through Western Union or Moneygram. I'll post the books to you, on receipt of the same and your postal address. Please email me seperately for me address.
    Bridget

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi - my mother has been looking for a recipe for Tongue Salmee (not sure of spelling). Do one of your books have a recipe for it?
    We are in Canada and are interested in ordering your books. How would we do this?

    Thanks, Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anne
    I would be delighted to send you a set of my 5 Anglo-Indian Recipe Books by Air mail. A set of 5 books would cost Can $ 45.00 which is inclusive of the postage by Air Mail Regd Post. You could transfer this amount to me either through Western Union or Moneygram. I'll post the books to you, on receipt of the same and your postal address. Please email me bidkumar@gmail.com for me address.
    Bridget

    ReplyDelete